Sunday, May 13, 2012

New Kit and New Techie Skill(?)

Mother's Day at our house; a great breakfast, surprising and thoughtful gifts for Mom, garden talk, then off to the sewing loft to quilt.

My project for the last three weeks, it seems, has been to conquer our Sony Handycam so I can take videos for the blog and website and for my volunteer project at the Beartooth Nature Center as Facebook photographer. (Please go to either the Beartooth Nature Center's website or Facebook page and take a look.  I did not take most of the pictures but you will love the photos of these cute animals; talk about personality!)  


Anyway, back to the video cam self education project; oh, it is best to have the lens cover open.  And then the battery has to be charged.  And the DVD has to have enough room for all your recording.  And yes, if you are over 50, you better have your reading glasses with you to see the little bitty icons and other such.  So after much trial and error, I finally have a small finished video of the project John is quilting today, an Ohio Star laser cut kit.  It is a very cute addition to the red and white collection.  Don't laugh, I will get better at this     .Brooke's First Video and John's Red and White Quilt

Let's see, the quilt shows are over for a while, John has a teaching engagement in Idaho in about a week.  Kate is busy with her custom laser cut kits.  In addition to my immersion into video taking, I am thinking about joining the Tuesday afternoon quilting group.  That may be a good way to get some of those UFOs out of the way.  Then there are the dozens of little seedlings I started, waiting to be transplanted outside.  Do I dare do that in May in Montana, I wonder?

Brooke

No comments: