Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In Stitches

 It's finished; my little contribution to the 2010 IQA Silent Auction.  Kate is almost done too and then we can ship them off.  The center two plates are 6" and Kate custom made me the little 3" plates for the corners.  I had fun, especially with the blanket stitching which I enjoy more each time I do it.  The machine quilting is done with So Fine from Superior Threads; I used a pale blue (called Venice) so I could see what I was doing.  So that's done; what's next?



Every other Monday, I knit with friends at the Art Guild which is in the old Depot Building.  This time, the building was closed, so we sat outside under the gazebo to knit.  It was just the most beautiful Montana fall day, with a light breeze.  We really had fun, visiting and enjoying each other's yarns and projects.

In January, 2011, John will be the "Featured Artist" at the 16th Annual Road to California Quilters' Conference.    in Ontario, California.  He is working on new quilts for the show; one of them is a beautiful white on white whole cloth quilt that gets prettier every time I study it.  So that will be his weekend project for quite a while into the future.  I heard the noises of a football game coming from the room where he was quilting on Sunday - football and hand quilting - quite a combination!

Brooke

No comments: