Friday, August 13, 2010

North to Alaska

Our barbecue was fun; there were quilters there and so we had show and tell!  Lots of interesting people came; one of my favorite guests was the little boy who loved the love seat I recovered in fake cowhide plush.  It is an acquired taste.  The barbecue was pot luck; John cooked pork loin which is almost always a hit.  Here is a picture of the cook getting ready to carve and guests and quilts!
About Alaska, John left EARLY on Wednesday for a trunk show and three classes in Petersburg.  He sent a picture of the harbor from his cell phone yesterday; wow, it is a pretty spot.  And the seafood is as good as you would expect; I'm jealous. 

The weatherman has promised a cool weekend; just right for sewing.  My project is a miniature for the IQA Silent Auction.  Kate and John both have their projects pieced but maybe I can sneak ahead of them while they are busy with other things.

Have a great weekend!

Brooke

No comments: