Friday, July 23, 2010

More Small Quilts

Each year, the International Quilt Association has a fundraising auction of miniature quilts. Since IQA is the group that puts on the Quilt Show at Houston, we love to help them by donating little quilts.  Here are pictures of John's work in progress.  The Pine Burr blocks finish to 6" and he is making 9 of them.



And then there is Kate's string pieced satin String Star which is going to finish to 12".  Wow, the colors of the satin just glow.

So I have started a little project using 4" Dresden Plate blocks but I'm feeling a little intimidated by these two and their skill.  They will be done and off to the next project before I have decided what I am going to do, I bet.

I am so excited; some of our quilt group are going to see "The Quilters" in Cody, Wyoming at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center.  We are making a day of it, even lunch!  John and I saw the play maybe 30 years ago and enjoyed it.  It will be fun to see how much the presentation has changed over the years. 

Have a great weekend!

Brooke

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

These are beautiful. I so admire your patience.

MiSala said...

Me encantan las estrellas y esta de colores es ¡maravillosa!
Saludos!!!