Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Preview


I guess all the little quilts for the World Federation Quilt Smackdown (a fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative) are done and in Ami Simm's possession. Here is just a peak at what John has been working on.

John, Kate and I are all busy finishing up our little quilts for the IQA Silent Auction. John's and Kate's are wonderful and mine is going to be cute. Pictures to follow.

We have harvested some of our onions and they were tasty. I have started kohlrabi to plant where the onions come out, but I don't think John is going to have time to make me a deer screen this fall. When I come up with Plan B, I will do that instead.

Our next show is in Longmont, Colorado near the beautiful Colorado Rockies and the fall aspens. We have a lot of packing to do!

Brooke

2 comments:

www.imalldeckedout.blogspot.com said...

Yowzer! So how hard was that fabric to quilt? John used his frame for machine quiting, right? Please don't tell me he did this by hand.........

It's stunning, and I love the Native American reference...

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure to meet John and view this quilt "in person" here in Santa Barbara, CA on Sept. 10th...as well as seeing all of the quilts he brought to our Guild meeting UP CLOSE!

Thank you, John!

Kathy Rose
Public Relations for Coastal Quilters Guild of Santa Barbara and Goleta, Inc.