Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Carnival and Opinionated Book Reviews


John just finished piecing one of our "Carnival" pre-cut kits. So these are the current fabrics; the fabrics change constantly but the basic light, bright and dark combinations stay the same. We figured we needed another sample of "Carnival" so there could be one at each show.


Kate just finished quilting one of the 8" Wheel of Mystery samples and it looks GOOD. We will get an image up of it this week - maybe before it is bound.


In the past, I have mentioned books we are reading - John just finished "A Briefer History of Time" by Stephen Hawking and has given it to me to read. I'm probably not going to "get" it. I just finished reading "The Witches of Eastwick" and didn't particularly like it which disappointed me. Almost a male fantasy book with superficial women who I think the author thought he was making "deep". I have never read "Waldon" so that is what I am reading now.


Brooke

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brooke....loved your opinionated book review! And.....I love this quilt!
Linda
http://www.lmpoole.blogspot.com
http://www.lindampoole.com

(have you linked to my blogroll too)

FLO_rancher said...

That quilts does remind me of the movement of a Carnival. You do such accurate piecing..enjoy seeing your projects develop.
Sew Peacefully
DEB};o