Thursday, March 13, 2008

Catching Up




Wow, almost a month since my last post. In the interim, John and I have been to Virginia for the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival and the next weekend Kate and I vended at the Sewing Expo in Puyallup, Washington. With all the plane travel, van travel, packing and unpacking, and catching up with orders, phone messages and email, well, it has taxed my poor old brain.

We had Fun at both shows. Well, having one of the vendors conk out with a seizure right in front of our booth in Puyallup wasn't much fun, but much, much worse for him and his wife. Last we heard, he was okay but had 5 staples in his head.

Things have calmed down some and we were able to go to Red Lodge last weekend. John pieced on a sample of our newest template, Drunkard's Path, in the 4" size. I plan to quilt it this weekend. Kate just finished putting the borders on her 6" sample of the Drunkard's Path, it is 46" square with the border and has been named "Outside the Puzzle Box". Drunkard's Path is always fun to plan - sort of like Log Cabin in that the setting's orientation really makes a difference in how the quilt looks.

Daylight savings time threw me for a loop for a few days this week. I am really enjoying the extra light in the evenings. I don't think I have that SAD condition, but it really is nice to have the daylight; I get a little more work done if it isn't dark outside.

John is working on a new template set for our next show which is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It will be a larger version of "Supernova" which is an original variation of the Wheel of Mystery block. He'll have a sample soon. Enjoy your early spring days!

Brooke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I purchased the stand for my Flynn Frame at the Mid Atlanti show and I love the convenience of standing it up when I'm not quilting.I think I need another frame though because I have a machine project I'm starting.